Latest Featured Columns by David Boyce
- McGlauflin, seniors, ready for critical final series (4.24.14)
- Tennis Senior Day celebrations set for Friday (4.17.14)
- Bolles has good showing in Spring Game (4.12.14)
- 2014 Spring Game set for Saturday morning (4.11.14)
- Softball seniors bring experience to young team (4.5.14)
- Cooper sets winning legacy at Northwest (4.3.14)
- Cooper understands opportunity to make history (3.17.14)
- Northwest prepares for Winona State (3.14.14)
- Bearcats prepare for MIAA opener with Hornets (3.6.14)
- Bearcats fall short against Northeastern (3.3.14)
Press Releases by Season
About David Boyce
David Boyce enters his third year as a guest columnist on the Northwest athletic website. Boyce spent more than 20 years covering high school and small college athletics at the Kansas City Star newspaper in Missouri. He's covered six of Northwest Missouri State's seven national championship football games and recently served as a guest columnist for the MIAA.
Boyce was named KIAAA Sportswriter of the Year in 1994. He covered boxing at the Star from 1991-2004 including Tommy Morrison and worked both championship fights between Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis. His 1997 exclusive story on Morrison becoming HIV positive was named an Associated Press Sports Editor top 10 feature for papers serving more than 150,000.
Boyce was born in New York City and was raised in Kansas City, Kan. He graduated from the University of Kansas in 1988 with a degree in journalism. He is currently one of three official scorers for the Kansas City Royals and is a contributing writer for the Royals Gameday magazine.