Latest Featured Columns by David Boyce
- Bearcats prepare for MIAA opener with Hornets (3.6.14)
- Bearcats fall short against Northeastern (3.3.14)
- Focused Mcknight looks for MIAA success (2.27.14)
- Bearcats rally on senior night for victory (2.26.14)
- Bearcats secure share of MIAA title (2.26.14)
- Women's basketball drops game at Mo West (2.22.14)
- Bearcats score early to pick up 20th victory (2.22.14)
- Seniors continue to set standard for Bearcats (2.19.14)
- Northwest falls to Lindenwood in overtime (2.19.14)
- Bearcats pull away from Lions for 19th win (2.19.14)
Press Releases by Season
About David Boyce
David Boyce enters his third year as a guest columnist on the Northwest athletic website. Boyce spent more than 20 years covering high school and small college athletics at the Kansas City Star newspaper in Missouri. He's covered six of Northwest Missouri State's seven national championship football games and recently served as a guest columnist for the MIAA.
Boyce was named KIAAA Sportswriter of the Year in 1994. He covered boxing at the Star from 1991-2004 including Tommy Morrison and worked both championship fights between Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis. His 1997 exclusive story on Morrison becoming HIV positive was named an Associated Press Sports Editor top 10 feature for papers serving more than 150,000.
Boyce was born in New York City and was raised in Kansas City, Kan. He graduated from the University of Kansas in 1988 with a degree in journalism. He is currently one of three official scorers for the Kansas City Royals and is a contributing writer for the Royals Gameday magazine.