Library Home » Articles & Guides » Chemistry/Physics Research
Provides full-text access to the Journal of the American Chemical Society
and over 35 journals in chemistry. Click here
for a full list of titles.
SciFinder provides researches unlimited access to a collection of substances, reactions and references (from both journals and patents).
SciFinder Scholar (i.e. Chemical Abstracts) access is now up and running. Explore its features after you create an user account.
All users must be on campus to register
. Please follow End User Registration Guide
IOPscience Extra includes journal content published by Institute of Physics. It contains more than 400,000 articles, from 1874 to the present day. It's been designed to give you easy access to scientific, technical and medical content"
ScienceDirect Physical Sciences includes over 850,000 full-text articles from 610 journals.
"JSTOR offers high-quality, interdisciplinary content to support scholarship and teaching. The JSTOR digital archive includes more than 1,500 leading academic journals in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences, as well as select monographs and other materials valuable for academic work."
Includes indexes and abstracts publications of the American Institute of Physics. Some free full text.
- Biochemistry 1 – YouTube – S. Dasgupta, IIT
- Biochemistry 507 – iTunes – Multiple Professors, University of Wisconsin
- Chemical Structure and Reactivity -YouTube - iTunes – Peter Vollhardt, UC Berkeley
- Chemistry (chemical stoichiometry) – Web Site – Carnegie Mellon
- Core Concepts in Chemistry - iTunes – Stephen L. Craig – Duke
- Freshman Organic Chemistry – YouTube – iTunes Audio – iTunes Video - Download Course - J. Michael McBride, Yale
- Freshman Organic Chemistry II - YouTube - iTunes - Web Site - J. Michael McBride, Yale
- General Chemistry – iTunes – Kristie Boering, UC Berkeley
- General Chemistry – iTunes Video – Matthew Stoltzfus, Ohio State
- Green Chemistry: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Sustainability – YouTube – Professor John Arnold
- Introduction to Chemistry – iTunes – Multiple professors, UC Berkeley
- Introduction to Chemical Engineering – YouTube – iTunes – Channing Robertson, Stanford
- Introduction to Solid State Chemistry – YouTube – iTunes Video – Web Site - Donald Sadoway, MIT
- Organic Chemistry – iTunes – James Nowick, UC Irvine
- Organic Spectroscopy – iTunes - James Nowick, UC Irvine
|Chemistry in its elements
"A weekly tour of the periodic table, from Chemistry World, the magazine of the Royal Society of Chemistry."
- A+ Voice Periodic Table
Use voice technology for learning the periodic table
- ACS mobile
ACS Mobile - iPhone application delivers live streaming of peer-reviewed research journals and current chemistry news.
- Amino acid reference
Amino Acid Reference is a comprehensive and handy reference tool for students and researchers
Takes a given chemical formula and returns the mass of one mole of that chemical.
ChemFacts puts hundreds of Chemistry facts at your fingertips
ChemMobi is a tool for Chemists, Biochemists and anyone else interested in chemical structures, chemical sourcing, chemical properties and safety information
ChemWeight is a high-quality molecular weight calculator for the iPhone and iPod Touch
- Chemistry Glossary
Chemistry Glossary for iPhone touch is a list of thousands of chemistry abbreviations/acronyms
- Dilution calculator
Starting from a solution at a given initial concentration, the app calculates the amount of initial solution and solvent needed to obtain a diluted solution
- EleMints: Periodic Table
EleMints is an interactive periodic table (iPhone and iPod Touch)
View, edit and build molecules in 3D
The Laboratory Calculator is an utility to calculate the molarity, to convert gram and mole and to compute dilutions of stock solutions.
- Named Reactions Lite
This is the free version of Named Reactions Pro, which contains over 250 organic reactions
- Nature i-Phone
The world's best science and medicine at your fingertips
Calculations needed for making chemical solutions.
- Study bubble
Free periodic table with atomic mass software for iphone
- Periodic Table of Videos
Tables charting the chemical elements have been around since the 19th century
- RSCB Protein Data Bank
The Protein Data Bank (PDB) archive is the single worldwide repository of information about the 3D structures of large biological molecules, including proteins and nucleic acids
Return to Course/Subject Resources