Library Home » Citing Sources » APA Citation Examples » Citing Author(s)/No Author(s) in APA Style
Citing Author(s)/No Author(s) in APA Style
One or More Author(s)
- One Author: Last Name, Initials.
Example: Wyatt, P. J.
- Two Authors: Last Name, Initials, & Last Name, Initials.
G. M., & Hobbs, M. R.
- Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven Authors:
Last Name, Initials, Last Name, Initials,
& Last Name, Initials.
C. V., Ury, C. J., & Meldrem, J. P. (Eds.).
- Eight or More Authors:
For eight or more authors, include the first six authors' names, then insert three ellipses followed by the last author's name (example on page 198 of the 6th edition manual).
Example: Mardis, L. F., Baudino, F. D.,
Johnson, C. V., Wyat, P. C., Meldrem, J. P.,
Ury, C. J., ...Park, S.
No Author Given
Start the entry with the Title of the Work.
- Book Example:
Maze. (2011). Maryville, MO: Northwest Missouri State Univeristy.
- Periodical Example:
Sharing reference information. (2012, March 1). Northwest Missourian, pp. C1, C2.
Multiple Works by the Same Author
- References List Example (order by publication date):
Ehrenreich, B. (2001). Nickel and dimed: On (not) getting by in America. New York: Metropolitan Books.
Ehrenreich, B. (2007). Dancing in the streets: A history of collective joy. New York: Metropolitan Books.
- In Text Example (order by publication date in the same parentheses):
(Ehrenreich, 2001, 2007)
- For more References List examples refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological
Association, 6th ed., pages 180-224. For more In Text examples refer to page 174.
Return to Top
Citation Style Examples